Saitama from One Punch Man could easily be crowned as the strongest anime character there is. This is because, the entire concept of OPM is the fact that he is undefeatable and is capable of defeating his opponents with a single punch. However, if you take his feats at face value, there are other anime characters who can defeat Saitama in a fight.
There are several anime characters who have been depicted as potentially capable of defeating Saitama, the protagonist of the popular manga and anime series “One Punch Man.” Some of these characters include:
- Akuto Sai (Demon King Daimao)
- Wang Ling (The Daily Life Of Immortal King)
- Featherine (Umineko When They Cry)
- Rimuru (That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime)
- Gilgamesh (Fate series)
- Anos Voldigoad (Misfit Of The Demon King Academy)
- Zeno (Dragon Ball Franchise)
- Heaven Ascension Dio (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
- Ryuk (Death Note)
- Accelerator (A Certain Scientific Accelerator)
- Goku (Dragon Ball Franchise)
- Mori Jin (God of Highschool)
- Zeref (Fairy Tail)
- Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord)
- Madoka Kaname (Madoka Magika)
- Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
I’ve used certain terms in this article that is used to gauge the power level of the listed characters. If you are not aware of them, you can refer the full tiering system in this wiki.
Anime Characters Who CAN Defeat Saitama
Let me tell this right now. There is probably not many characters who can beat saitama with just physical strength.
This is why most of the characters in this list will have law breaking magical powers.
That said, I can think of at least two characters who can probably win against Saitama in a physical fight.
They are so strong that it doesn’t make any sense. I’m pretty sure you know who I’ve in my mind, but continue reading to find out!
12/12 – Mori Jin (Manhwa Version)
The anime only watchers must be thinking that I’m out of mind to list Mori Jin on this list. But hear me out. The web comic version of Mori is literally a God. I mean LITERALLY.
Mori is a monster god (possibly immortal) who has been living for billions of years, chronologically speaking.
Not only that, he is a skilled martial art user who’s physical attacks can literally blow away planets.
Why Mori Can Defeat Saitama:
This is probably going to an even match but Mori jin has technique which Saitama doesn’t have which gives him an upperhand in the fight.
- In his Supreme God form, Mori Jin’s attack power is at least Solar system level. His speed is also MASSIVELY faster than the speed of light.
- With his power boosting accupunture his power, speed and durability can be increased several thousand times.
- In terms of durability, he can withstand attacks that can destroy an entire solar system.
11/12 – Goku
I’m pretty sure most of you saw this coming. I am also pretty sure most One Punch Man fans are punching air right now.
The thing is, when I am comparing the strongest version of Saitama and Goku, it is pretty much obvious that Goku has come a long way since the Dragon Ball Z days.
By the way, DBZ was released almost three decade ago and it makes no sense to compare DBZ version of Goku with other characters. Which is why I’ll be considering the latest manga version of Goku.
In the manga, Goku is far more powerful than what anime only fans can even begin to imagine.
Why Goku Can Defeat Saitama:
- In Goku’s perfect ultra instinct form, his attack powers are at least Universal, if not more. His speed is also massively higher than the speed of light.
- Now wait, this was just the Goku at the end of Dragon Ball Super anime. Let me talk about the strongest version of Goku.
- The Keysword Xeno Goku is the most powerful version of Goku there is. His power is several times higher than he was in Perfect Ultra Instinct Form. In this form, his powers are all multiversal and beyond. With his powers, he could simply erase Saitama without even fighting.
- The same goes for his speed, defense, durability, stamina and other factors. They are all far above what he was capable in his UI form.
10/12 – Accelerator
Accelerator from the Certain Scientific Accelerator has an overpowered ability. He can change the vector of any force.
For those who’ve skipped science class, this means, he can basically counter and reflect any attack, making him seemingly invincible.
In other words, he basically pulls out a UNO reverse card on his opponents.
Why Accelerator Can Defeat Saitama:
- Normal human version of Accelerator cannot compete against Saitama. But, with his Platinum wing angel form (his ultimate form) his attack potency is at least solar system level.
- This is far higher than anything Saitama has acheived at the moment. But still, it is safe to assume that Saitama is capable of more than that. But that is exactly the problem when facing Accelerator.
- Accelerator is also capable of reflecting the opponent’s attacks with several times higher force. Basically, the higher his opponent’s strength, the higher his power will raise.
- Not to mention, his defense ability is through the roof! He is said to be High Complex Multiverse level. Which means he can pretty much defend himself against anything.
9/12 – Ryuk
Ryuk is the shinigami (god of death) from Death Note. He is normally invisible to humans and can only be seen by the human possessing the “Death Note.”
He is also capable of killing any humans at anytime, although that goes against the laws of Shinigami which will cost him his life.
Why Ryuk Can Defeat Saitama:
- Ryuk can simply use his Shinigami eyes and Death Note to kill Saitama. After all, he is a god of death who governs the death of humans.
- Saitama is still a human and it is well within the power of a shinigami to kill him.
8/12 – Heaven Ascension Dio
Ascension Dio is Eyes of Heaven’s main antagonist.
Dio successfully slaughters all the Joestars in a non-canon timeline.
He then pursues Heaven and unlocks godly powers with his new Stand: The World Over Heaven.
With his new abilities, he creates anomalies in his own and other universes’ past and future timelines. His plan is to conquer every universe and create an ideal one.
Why Heaven Ascension Dio Can Defeat Saitama:
- After ascension Dio literally attained Godhood. He is capable of erasing someone, or even an entire reality at will.
- He also got the ability to manipulate the fate of all living being.
- His speed is also several times the speed of light.
7/12 – Zeno
Zeno is yet another overpowered character from the Dragon Ball franchise.
He is a god and is capable of creating or destroying universes with ease.
However, he is more childish and innocent. He has very little fighting experience, yet he is somehow still one of the strongest characters in the entire Dragon Ball universe.
Why Zeno Can Defeat Saitama:
- Future Zeno’s attack power is at least multiversal as he was effortlessly able to erase 12 universes with a single ki blast.
- He was told to be the strongest being with nobody else above him, which means his durability and speed are also on par with his attack strength.
6/12 – Anos Voldigoad
Anos Voldigoad is the reincarnation of the strongest demon king in the history of anime.
As a demon, he’s well-versed in all sorts of magic and possesses law breaking magical items.
Before reincarnation, he defeated his universe’s gods, making him the most powerful being ever.
Why Anos Can Defeat Saitama:
- His magical sword can cut through infinity, immortality, and even a person’s origin. It can also nullify magic and “destroy all reason,” destroying all world laws and concepts.
- He has other insanely powerful weapons besides this sword. He’s also immortal and a master magician. Anos’ magic can destroy planets, solar systems, universes, and multiverses.
5/12 – Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh is easily the strongest character from the Fate series. He is a demigod who is praised as the King of Heroes.
He protected his country, but he also made his people suffer as he was a tyrant. At one point he even went against the Gods.
Soon after the discord with Gods he found a way to become an immortal and tried to free himself from the will of gods. But a snake stole his immortality and he remained a mortal till the end of his days.
Why Gilgamesh Can Beat Saitama:
Gilgamesh in his servant form is a little weak compared to his original power. Therefore, we will only be considering his Genesis Mythology Mystic Code/Original Power.
- His attack power is at least Complex Multiverse level with Enuma Elish. Enuma Elish is basically the full power of Gilgamesh.
- But the only thing is Gilgamesh is too arrogant to use his full power on anyone. However, given that Saitama is a worthy opponent Gilgamesh might choose to Enuma Elish and his Sword of Rupture.
- His speed, lifting strength is Immeasurable as he has far surpassed any imaginable limits.
- Similar to his attack strength, his defense abilities are also Complex Multiverse level.
4/12 – Rimuru
Rimuru is one of the most powerful anime character ever created. He’s from “That Time I Became a Slime.”
In this show, the main character died on Earth and reincarnated as a slime. Slimes are normally weak. But his unique skills made him the world’s most powerful being.
Why Rimuru Can Defeat Saitama:
Rimuru’s powers and abilities are all Multiversal level by the end of the light novel.
- He’s good at several forms of magic, even the ones that could continuously create universes simultaneously.
- He even has the ability called “Infinite Prison” that could seal people in an imaginary infinite space.
- Not to mention his power, “Gluttony“, allows him to consume anyone and steal their powers.
- Rimuru also has several othe abilities that breaks the very law and concept of everything.
3/12 – Featherine
Featherine Augustus Aurora is an overpowered witch who is an immortal. She is from the manga series Umineko WHEN THEY CRY. This manga does not have an anime adaptation yet.
Touya Hachijo’s witch form is Featherine. She’s been the Game Master for countless other games, but she’s forgotten them. Her crescent-shaped memory aid retains her name, appearance, and personality.
She often refers to human characters as ‘child of man’
Why Featherine Can Defeat Saitama:
Like most powerful anime characters, Featherine also has two forms. The strongest of her form is the “true form.”
- Her attack powers are so insane that it far surpasses anyone on this list (except Akuto) which is Outerverse level.
- This is because she is basically the source of the universe and is limitless in all aspect. She transcends anything and everything.
- As an Omnipresent being the very concept of speed is meaningless against her.
- Similarly her defense abilities, stamina, range and literally every other aspect considered in a fight is all Immeasurable or Outerverse level.
2/12 – Wang Ling
Wang Ling is basically the chinese version of Saitama. He is also a comedy character whose strength has no limits.
Throught the show, he Wang had to under the control of a Talisman that supresses his powers.
This is because his powers are too high that it would instantly destroy the entire world, and possibly even more.
At one point he easily destroyed one version of the world and created his own version at will. However, he stopped midway and reversed whatever he did.
Why Wang Ling Can Defeat Saitama:
- He can manipulate time, law, mind, shapeshift, and create his own reality. He’s nearly unstoppable. His immortality and omnipotence make him the definition of an overpowered anime character.
- Beyond everything, he is also capable of breaking the fourth wall as he was able to come to our dimension (the real world where you and I are living right now) and make the director of the anime do what he wanted. If you give a character that kind of power there really isn’t anything that could stop them.
1/12 – Akuto Sai
Akuto is hands down the most powerful character in the history of anime.
Like most anime main characters, he starts out as a normal person but at the end of the manga he becomes an unimaginably powerful being.
He is the main character of Demon King Daimao who was originally determined to become a high priest.
However he was prophesied to be the strongest Demon King there is and he eventually became one.
Regardless, he uses his power for good rather than evil which is kind of the exact opposite of what his title as “Daimao” means.
Why Akuto Sai Can Defeat Saitama:
Let’s be clear here. It is not just saitama. Akuto (Act 13/Void Body) can defeat literally any other fictional character out there.
- He is an omnipresent being whose abilities have no limits. Which means all his abilities are unknown or Immeasurable.
- His attack power, durability and range are easily High Outerverse level. He has infinite stamina and is an immortal being that cannot be destroyed by anything or anyone.
Other Anime Characters Who Can Beat Saitama
- Zeref (Instant Death Magic)
- Ainz Ooal Gown (Instant Death Magic)
- Madoka Kaname (Law Manipulation, Concept Manipulation Magic)
- Haruhi Suzumiya (Reality Manipulation)
- Sailor Moon – Lambda form (life manipulation, time manipulation, space manipulation)
Characters Who CANNOT Beat Saitama
Before we get into who can defeat saitama from one punch man, let us see who cannot. I’ve read countless articles related to this on the internet, and most of their list (was wrong) and had the following characters. Let me explain why the below characters cannot win against Saitama.
5/5 – Lelouch
Lelouch is the main character of Code Geass and has the ability to control people’s minds. His best feat was to control the collective unconsciousness of humanity. In other words, he was able to control the subconscious mind of the entire world.
Saitama is said to have incredible amount of will power which makes him resistant to mind attacks. However, the following is also stated in the fandom wiki:
“While the influence of Lelouch’s Geass cannot be broken, a strong enough will can briefly stave off its effects.”– vsbattle fandom
This is why Euphemia was briefly able to resist Geass. Given that Saitama is an out of the charts, superhuman character, he can probably do more than just resist for a few seconds.
Even if Lelouch is able to control Saitama and he gives the command to kill himself, there is physically nothing that could possibly kill Saitama. Not even his own punch.
Because from what we know Saitama’s durability is far higher than his attack power so far. This is proved by the following quote from the Code Geass fandom wiki:
The victim will not perform any action disallowed by their physical or mental capabilities, though they will try to carry out the command to the best of their ability.
4/5 – Mob
Mob is a psychic character from Mob Psycho 100. He is usually a timid boy who becomes a super strong psychic as his emotion grows. So far he was reached 100% of his power and even went to “???” version where he is several times stronger than his 100% self.
Even in his “???” form, Mob’s attack power is at most planet level. His mind based attacks will not work against Saitama.
Mob’s psychic absorbtion only works against other espers, so it is meaningless when fighting Saitama.
Overall, Mob lacks the ability to do any real damage to him.
3/5 – Saiki
Saiki is yet another psychic character. As established previously, it has been shown in the one punch man manga that psychic powers doesn’t mean anything to Saitama.
Even without his limiters Saiki is only a planetary level threat. We’ve seen countless times in the anime and manga that Saitama is more than capable of enduring and defleting any planet level attacks.
The only way Saiki can defeat Saitama is to time leap into the past and kill the pre traning version of Saitama. But given the fact that these two are from different universe, I am not going to count time travel abilities.
2/5 – Koro-sensei
Now I woudn’t even consider Koro-sensei in any of the vs battle list, but I read some people saying that Koro-sensei can win against saitama. I don’t know how they even came to such conclusion. While I love him as a sensei and adore his character, there is absolutely no way he can even have a decent fight against the one punch man.
Koro-sensei’s best ability is his speed. But as I mentioned before, Saitama is faster than anything we could even imagine.
At least, definitely faster than Koro-sensei. Besides, none of Koro-sensei’s attacks will work on him.
1/5 – Naruto
Naruto is easily one of the most popular shonen anime protagonist of all time.
Given the popularity of the anime, most people know he is capable of moon bursting feats. However, that is not even close to what is necessary to defeat Saitama in a fight.
Naruto simply does not have enough power or fancy magical abilities that will give him advantage in a fight against Saitama.
When it comes to physical strength, speed, durability and stamina, Saitama far surpasses Naruto.
FAQs On Characters That Can Beat Saitama
Are there any Naruto characters who can defeat Saitama?
No, none of the characters from Naruto can win in a fight against the One punch man.
Can Mickey beat Saitama?
Mikey from Tokyo Revengers is an above average human at best. He is not superhuman and none of his attacks will even grasp Saitama’s attention.
Can Saitama die?
While there have not been any explicit confirmation, it is implied that Saitama can die. He is just a human with inhuman strength. But his vitality is never mentioned in the manga so far, so we can assume he grows old like a normal person and die.
Now, you have to remember that I have written this article with Saitama’s current feats in mind. If the author of the OPM manga desires he could easily make him even stronger in the future which might or might not make this article redundant.
It is also noteworthy that this list does not consider Saitama’s “invincible-ness” as a comedy character. Being the main character of a gag anime, he is written to be truly undefeatable. However, since this is a comparison with other anime verses this kind of quality does not count. Therefore, I’ve only gauged his powers at face value based on what he has actually achieved.
Want Facts? Here You Go!
Now there might be a few of you thinking this is just a factless rambling of another weeb with a lot of free time. But you are wrong about it being factless (you may be right about the free time part.)
Now I know some of you might think facts from VS Battle Fandom isn’t very credible, but these ones are actually true to the anime and manga.
Find all the references and other material that I used to research this topic below:
- Akuto Sai – Power Tier Wiki
- Wang Ling – Power Tier Wiki
- Rimuru – Power Tier Wiki
- Gilgamesh – Power Tier Wiki
- Anos Voldigoad – Power Tier Wiki
- Zeno – Power Tier Wiki
- Ascended Dio – Power Tier Wiki
- Ryuk – Power Tier Wiki
- Accelerator – Power Tier Wiki
- Goku Xeno – Power Tier Wiki
- Mori Jin – Power Tier Wiki